- Our proprietary service (the “Service”);
- The website www.Squirl.co (the “Website”);
- Any mobile application we offer in connection with the Service (the “App”); and
- Any email, text and other electronic communications between you and the Squirl.
- Information we collect offline or by any other means (such as through other websites or services we may offer); and
- Information collected by our affiliates or any other third parties, which may have their own privacy policies.
What information does Squirl collect?
- Technical Information. We may also collect and use technical data and related information, such as information about your device, system and application software, peripherals and other data related to your interactions with the Service (“Technical Information”). We may automatically collect Technical Information through cookies, flash cookies, web beacons and log files. The information we collect from these technologies may include your IP address, device ID, browser information and the page you request. Squirl does not consider this information to be Personal Information.
- Geo-Location Information. We may also collect information about your geographic location from you or your device, including your country, region, city, zip code, street address, time zone, latitude, longitude, velocity, bearing, altitude and horizontal position representation information (“Geo-Location Information”).
- Online Tracking and Do Not Track Signals. We may use the Website and the Service to collect information from your web browser about your activities over time and across third-party websites, applications or other online services (“Online Tracking Information”). Your web browser may allow you to opt-out of our collection of Online Tracking Information by selecting a “do not track” (or similar) setting. [However, we do not currently have processes to address those settings or other “do not track” requests, and consequently, cannot guarantee that we will honor such requests. If you do not want us to collect this information, do not use the Website or the Service.]
- Social Information. We may also collect information about you from various third party services (e.g. Facebook, LinkedIn, and others) through their applicable APIs or otherwise (“Social Information”).
Information You Voluntarily Disclose
Certain features of the Service and the Website are designed to publicly display or publish Information that you choose to provide to other users of the Service or to other third parties. These features include comments, wall posts, profile information and personalized news feeds. Please keep in mind that whenever you voluntarily disclose Information through the Service or the Website, that Information can be collected and used by others. Additionally, you may receive unsolicited messages from other parties, including service providers, or make others aware of your location. You submit this Information at your own risk. We are not responsible for the security or privacy of any Information you choose to submit in connection with these public features.
How does Squirl use Information?
We may use your Information, including your Personal Information, as follows:
- To provide software updates, product support, product enhancements and other services to you related to the Service, the App and the Website.
- To improve, market or promote Squirl’s products and services (including the Service).
- To enable you to participate in features of the Service, the App or the Website.
- To communicate with you, including about the Service, the App or the Website.
- To alert you to product upgrades, special offers, updated information and other new products and services offered by Squirl or its third party partners.
- To respond to comments, questions or requests for customer service.
- To display advertisements, including advertisements from third parties.
- For any other purpose we may describe when you provide the Information.
We may also use your Information for any other purpose with your consent.
Information We Share
Squirl or its agents, vendors or contractors may disclose Information, including your Personal Information, to third parties in the following circumstances:
- To our agents, vendors or contractors that we use to support the internal operations of our business including the Service and the Website and who are required to keep the Information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- If required to do so by law, comply with legal process or to comply with a governmental or regulatory request;
- To protect and defend the rights or property of Squirl or its agents or contractors;
- To enforce our Terms of Service or other Squirl agreements;
- To act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the Website or the public; and
- As part of a transaction or potential transaction where Squirl merges with another organization, files for bankruptcy, or sells its assets or capital stock.
Security of Your Information
We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards designed to protect the Information. These safeguards include storing your Information on our secure servers behind firewalls and using encryption technology. Despite the actions and precautions we take, no data transmissions over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Consequently, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of the Information and you acknowledge and agree that you transmit it to us at your own risk.
Third-Party Websites, Services and Technologies
The Website and the Service are not intended for children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect Information from children under 13. If you believe that we may have collected Information from a child under the age of 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
Information Choices and Changes
We may need to communicate with you about the Service and the Website, and we would like to make certain commercial offers available to you from time to time. As such, you consent to receive commercial messages (whether by phone, email, text or push notifications) from us or our third party partners, and acknowledge and agree that your primary phone numbers and email addresses and other information may be used for the purpose of initiating commercial messages. We will allow you to opt-out of receiving commercial messages, but in order to stop receiving any messages from us whatsoever (including administrative messages regarding the Service or messages that are primarily about transactions enabled via the Service), you will need to terminate your account.